SDtektiv's Halo 2

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Try out the Wii!

Today I tried out the Wii at a local Gamestop, the game being "Excite Truck." The controls were set up so that you held the Wii remote sideways with one hand on each end and turned it in order to turn, and accelerated with a button that was right under my thumb. I liked it so much, that after seeing a movie with my Dad, we went back to the Gamestop for another session. This time, we raced against each other, and he beat me! Now, I play video games very often and my Dad doesn't, but perhaps since we're both new to the controller it put us on even ground.

The Wii was wonderful. It seems to me to be perhaps the game system I could get. The fact that it is plausible for me to reach the price, the emphasis on the fun-factor, and the fact that I could probably have a good time with a lot of games without killing people, those are all pluses to this system!

I can see potentiol for future games on this. Imagine having a game where you pretended to play on Drumset, or played as one of those Japanese Knife-food tossin' chefs? It could be a lot of fun.

Even if you aren't considering buying the Wii, I encourage you to head over to your local Gamestop, bring a Drivers' Liscence or Military I.D., a friend or your Dad, and have some free fun in the "Versus" section of Excite Truck!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home