SDtektiv's Halo 2

Saturday, November 25, 2006

New Halo 2 Friend's List "Feature"!

Many of you readers may have noticed a new phenomena in Halo 2 on Xbox LIVE. After playing a match, and proceeding back to the pregame lobby, press the "Y" button to look at your friends list and watch all the events that unfolded on your friends list during the game play out in a matter of seconds. Add a techno beatbox "ooonsss"-er and ya got yerselves your very own sound-and-light show!

I'm not sure if this is on accident or on purpose, but truth is there is a bright side to this, aside from this new feature which will surely give Xbox LIVE players bragging rights, you don't have to worry about recieving messages from your friends during a game. Even if they send you messages during the game, your motion sensor will be safe from the popping up of pesky rectangles. Indeed, the only active camo sound effect you shall hear during the game would be from picking up Active Camo.

Sometimes I would try my thumbs at the untactical task of messaging my friends during games, but now my only worry is that people might think I'm ignoring them. I hope that I can still recieve messages during Custom Games! Well I'll be safe because I send party invites to all my friends anyways!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I don't understand this.

Mon Nov 27, 07:56:00 AM PST  
Blogger SDtektiv said...

It's just about how when you go to your friend's list after a matchmade game, it will like go crazy. People seem to be going into the menu, joining a custom game, going into matchmaking, appearing online in Halo 2, all at once. What I think it is is that the friends list will stop updating itself during a matchmade game, and then go through all the steps that all the friends did too at once, it's quite a sight to see!

I think that they may have fixed this though, but either way I was mistaken because I think you can still recieve messages during games!

Mon Nov 27, 08:31:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home