SDtektiv's Halo 2

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Nintendo Wii for the win

The Nintendo Wii has really caught my attention. The possible schemes, the fun-factor, and the nearly-reachable price all tie into me wanting to play it. There seems to be a lot of games I could really get into and have a whole lot of fun with. I like the emphasis on playing together, and I wonder if Wii's said-to-be free online service will have a fun and competive multiplayer function like Xbox LIVE. For now, we know that we can buy and download retro Nintendo games to the Wii, which sounds pretty awesome, but the thing that would get me sold-out for the Wii would be the ability to compete with folks across the globe. Imagine playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl, 2 on 2 with a friend versus some random folks who also want to play it. Imagine being able to race people, holding the Wiimote sideways like a steering wheel, and trading paint in Need For Speed Carbon. In any case, I know it will be especially fun having friends and family together in the Bowling game, one of five that comes with the free Wii Sports disc in the box.

When I think about it, I know that there's a lot of cool games for the Wii that would be fun to play, and that attract me, I can't say that about the 360, in which I am not interested in the gory games at the front of their lineup like Gears of War and Fear. The only games about the 360 that attract me are a few LIVE arcade games, Chromehounds, and of course Halo 3, and even then I am not that interested in Chromehounds. The makers of Halo 3 are considering putting in a seemingly cool option for your character to have female death screams, and I know this might sound overly sensitive but hearing that would violate my conscience as I am against all violence against women. I find myself having to stretch to get myself to think about liking games for the 360, and I don't see how $400 is worth it for just a few arcade games, Chromehounds, and Halo 3. There's a lot of people I will miss on Xbox LIVE, but I will still stay in contact with them through email.

In short, it's almost not worth considering the 360, since I can't afford it, and am not interested in many games. The Nintendo Wii is going to be the way to go for me because of all the different experiences I could have, and there are a lot of fun games that look cool. Using the controller was fun when I tried it, and I am excited to see what all the game designers will come up with.

As for me, I am gonna save up my money, stand back, and see where the Wii goes with the web.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jason Guidry said...

You'll still play Halo 2 with me though right?

-Jason

Thu Dec 07, 07:54:00 AM PST  
Blogger SDtektiv said...

Well, up until the Middle of February for sure, after that, who knows, but look for a future blog post on this topic, as it is a subject definetely worth mentioning.

Thu Dec 07, 05:08:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home