SDtektiv's Halo 2

Saturday, November 18, 2006

halo2.junk.ws

A cool website to view Halo 2 overall stats, stats of specific games, compare your stats to other users, and see how much you've been playing!

http://halo2.junk.ws
is a cool website where Halo 2 players upload their gamertags and view their stats in-depth on the internet. A main service it also provides are cool rectangles with various stats and medals on them. People use them as signatures on forums.

I have to note that they have done an excellent job of making the site run well, and there are cool things you wouldn't think of. For example, I looked at the "Game Viewer" which allows you to view your game stats similar to Bungie dot net, except that in addition to the list form, similar to what you'd see as Bungie dot net stats of a Halo 2 LIVE player, there is a "Calendar" form, which shows a calendar of the month with the amount of games played on each day. I showed this to my mom and noted that in the stats it said that the average length of a game I play is 7 minutes--so that it would make more sense out of how it said "12 games" on one day. 12 x 7 = 84 minutes, then you have to add in the in-between time which probably ends up being around 100 minutes. I don't know, I think it's a good feature to let me know if I'm getting carried away with the Halo 2 playing. I want it to always be fun and if people take it too far they can become jaded and bored with it. I think it's cool.

Anyway, back to talking about the cool website

Here's an example of one their in-depth game-viewer pages:

http://halo2.junk.ws/?opt=forms/game&game=15240161

A trend I noticed is that the top three players seem to have a similar Kill-Death Ratio, it's just that one of them had more Kills and Deaths. Though the deaths are really important in 4v4 games, I guess it doesn't really matter as much in Free For All how much you die as long you get to 25 kills first.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason Guidry said...

Yeah, I recently signed up for halo2.junk.ws

I think it's cool to be able to view all of your stats in that much detail.

-Jason
TEH FLI

Tue Nov 21, 09:24:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home