SDtektiv's Halo 2

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Update Nuggets: November 15th 2006

Little updates on what's going on and what to look for on this blog in the future.

Communities Spotlights
I think that sometime in the future I might do a series of blog entries featuring a different Halo 2 community in each post in order to help people find the right group for them. I hope to be very objective about this IF I decide to do it.

Halo 2 Partay!
Last weekend I had a Halo 2 Partay! It was awesome! We had three Xboxes hooked up to each other and 12 players all fighting each other at once. Some of the best parts about it, as usually with Halo 2 Partays, is that there was no lag, and the people you are playing with are people you know, it's a lot of fun. You could almost just not have Xbox LIVE and just have Halo 2 Partays every now and then.

Community Spotlight (hey is there an echo in here?)
No, I'm not repeating myself, I'm just saying that I'm happy because I'm going to be featured in a Community Spotlight on Games in Action (http://www.gamesinaction.com). I've already answered one round of questions and now I'm just looking for the follow-up questions, I suspect that Johnrap will post it on their forum after I answer the questions. I was in another community for 6 months and I didn't get spotlighted at all, now I'm in this new community for just a month and now I'm being spotlighted? Sweet!

Design a new Halo weapon for fun Contest!
Another thing happening at Games in Action is a Halo weapon/vehicle contest. The idea is to create, draw and/or render a vehicle or weapon you invent that relates to Halo. There's an announcement on their site if you're into that sort of thing (on the Games in Action website), there's a link above. I believe that the prize for the contest is Halo 3 when it comes out. I've been working on a unique weapon design and I'll post about it here when I get done with it!

New Halo 2 maps... to come out for Xbox 360?
I read on the Bungie (studio that makes Halo games) main page (http://www.bungie.net), that they are creating new Halo 2 Multiplayer Maps!--Yay! WHAT!--...only available for Xbox 360? It's no wonder that in their article on it, Bungie stated that Microsoft makes these decisions! I thought that Halo 2 was an XBOX 1 game? I'm confused now. Halo 2 runs better on an original XBOX than it does on an Xbox 360, this doesn't make sense. With the ridiculous price of the 360 and sketchy marketing deals (ripping people off with the "Core" edition that you have to buy a hard drive for 100 dollars to play games anyway), this could seriously be the thing that sets me over the edge to buy the Nintendo Wii. It's starting price is said to be $250. Almost reasonable, and plus they don't appear to be ripping us off.

New Halo 2-related Quotes
If you've been reading this blog, you may have noticed that at the top of the blog there is a Halo 2-related quote. I found out how to put it in, and I think there's around 8 or 9 quotes that I've "told it" to randomly select one from, and it puts it at the top of the page, when I first put this feature in, I would just sit there pressing "refresh" every five seconds to read the quotes.

Christian Halo 2 Communities?
Sounds corny doesn't it? Well it's mainly about just finding people to play with who you can have fun with. Plus, some of the best games I've played on LIVE can be attributed to that I was playing with some people, we just got along for some reason, and I didn't even know they were Christians until a long time after I first met them on LIVE! Yeah, it's corny, it sounds unfitting, it doesn't make sense. Fragging for our Father? Tactical Jumping for Jesus? Sniping the Snot out of Sin? (sorry guys I couldn't resist). Truth is we're not out to change the "Halo Nation"

(though we might inadvertantly, considering the state of what you run into on LIVE, that wouldn't be such a bad thing),
we're just out to have a good time on LIVE and have a great time playing a great game, just like anyone else. Having a place to go to is the thing that made LIVE worth it and suddenly I no longer regretted not getting a refund in the first 30 days. So basically, I agree with you, it doesn't make sense, but what's more important? Making sense to some random strangers on the internet or having fun?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home