SDtektiv's Halo 2

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Contention on Foundation

Ever been in a game and you are doing a really good job of staying invisible while helping your team a lot and you get that feeling in your gut of "I hope the other team doesn't mis-take me for cheating."? Well I did get that feeling in a specific game. I was playing a great session with some folks from Podtacular (shoutout!) and we went to a one-territory game on Foundation. What happened was that the whole blue team flooded in to take the territory (located in the smack-dab middle of the map).

While this was about to happen, I was sittin' in the little house-dealy and I backed up into one of the corners, instead of trying to kill any of them. They didn't see me for a while so they were all in there in saying, "how come it won't let us take the territory!?" It turns out that it is possible to take the middle territory while being backed up into one the corners of the "house", you don't have to be standing right on top of the "flag spot" in order to take a territory, and you can keep the other team from taking the territory as well. So it worked out great! The other members of the team would be killing all the blue guys coming in, while I stayed in there to keep the territory from being contested.

I imagine that they must've been flabbergasted when a member of my team would stand on the "flag spot" while I hid in the corner, that the territory was still being taken even though they killed the only guy (that they could see) trying to take it. I'm sorry if I made the other team mad, but I had to do what I thought would get the win!

The other members of my team definetly did most of the work, I was only a small part in a big picture.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=496560429&player=SDtektiv

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn Laramie said...

I would have pwned some nub face right there. it would have been pretty bad.

Sun Nov 05, 10:26:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home